RARECAT Rosé 2021
It was late spring 1983 when I fell in love with rosé. My first sip was at lunch in a tiny restaurant in St. Tropez with friends. We were spending a week at a villa on the sea there. We were feasting on bouillabaisse.
RARECAT Rosé has been created to be a rosé with a pedigree, a lyrical expression of Grenache with a touch of Viognier. Pink-salmon in color, aromatic and elegant, this wine offers citrus blossom and lavender. Lively acidity makes RARECAT Rosé a perfect partner with shrimp, salmon or almost any appetizer, whether you’re at lunch with friends or at the ocean. This wine is meant to be utterly delicious and bring great happiness to those beautiful days spent with friends.
This year's vintage is named, "Jennifer" in honor of the rare cat who helped craft this very happy wine.
- Night-time pic to take advantage of the diurnal cool nighttime temperatures
- (10) boxes of Grenache (floral and textured palate) and (1) box of Viognier (aromas and tannins and color fixation)
- The idea was for partial skin contact via gentle soaking post desteming, a couple of hours with minimal rotations
- A very very cold fermentation of 46-48 F, looking for 30 days from harvest to dryness, preserve fruit and fermentation aromatic
- Aging sur-lie on natural fermentation lees for four months, building palate texture and weight
- Bottling 1Q post vintage, capturing the aromas and palate textures